Friday, May 25, 2012

Wednesday, May 23-Iditarod Headquarters

I guess I was tired - went to bed about 10:30 and didn't wake until 9:30! Good thing we are no longer rushing.
Went to the Wasilla Library all set to catch up on the Internet and my blog......then discovered they only allow 60 minutes!
Went to the Iditarod Headquarters. They had a very interesting DVD presentation. I used to enjoy the television coverage of the race.

Apparently I need to quit cropping photos because I'm sure getting fuzzy ones on here.
DSCN2197
DSCN2198
DSCN2200
DSCN2201
DSCN2205
DSCN2206
And now, I know I am in a world of trouble with some friends because I took no photos of the real live dogs! Oops. Actually, I was too busy visiting with people there.
After a drive to Knik Arm, which is connected to Cook Inlet and at very low tide, we came back to have dinner at Pizza Hut. A very nice young man was our server plus the vegetarian pizza was outstanding! The Alaskan Amber wasn't bad either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment